Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the block tree with the vfs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 12:08:40 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the block tree got a conflict in:

  block/bio.c

between commits:

  35006342b739 ("block: ensure iov_iter advances for added pages")
  248022ffae3f ("block: ensure bio_iov_add_page can't fail")
  7b1ccdf617ca ("block: fix leaking page ref on truncated direct io")
  9a6469060316 ("block: convert to advancing variants of iov_iter_get_pages{,_alloc}()")

from the vfs tree and commits:

  5a044eef1265 ("block: ensure iov_iter advances for added pages")
  ac3c48e32c04 ("block: ensure bio_iov_add_page can't fail")
  44b6b0b0e980 ("block: fix leaking page ref on truncated direct io")

from the block tree.

Commits 35006342b739 and 5a044eef1265 are the same patch as are
248022ffae3f and ac3c48e32c04.  Commits 7b1ccdf617ca and 44b6b0b0e980
are slightly different.  Then 9a6469060316 touches the same code :-(

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc block/bio.c
index d3bc05ed0783,6659442eb101..000000000000
--- a/block/bio.c
+++ b/block/bio.c
@@@ -1199,8 -1199,8 +1199,8 @@@ static int __bio_iov_iter_get_pages(str
  	struct bio_vec *bv = bio->bi_io_vec + bio->bi_vcnt;
  	struct page **pages = (struct page **)bv;
  	ssize_t size, left;
- 	unsigned len, i;
+ 	unsigned len, i = 0;
 -	size_t offset;
 +	size_t offset, trim;
  	int ret = 0;
  
  	/*