Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the usb tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 16:31:58 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the usb tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/platform/chrome/cros_typec_switch.c: In function 'cros_typec_cmd_mux_set':
drivers/platform/chrome/cros_typec_switch.c:52:16: error: implicit declaration of function 'cros_ec_command'; did you mean 'cros_ec_cmd'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
   52 |         return cros_ec_command(sdata->ec, 0, EC_CMD_TYPEC_CONTROL, &req,
      |                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                cros_ec_cmd
drivers/platform/chrome/cros_typec_switch.c: In function 'cros_typec_register_switches':
drivers/platform/chrome/cros_typec_switch.c:244:23: error: implicit declaration of function 'acpi_evaluate_integer'; did you mean 'acpi_evaluate_object'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  244 |                 ret = acpi_evaluate_integer(adev->handle, "_ADR", NULL, &index);
      |                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                       acpi_evaluate_object
drivers/platform/chrome/cros_typec_switch.c:244:49: error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct acpi_device'
  244 |                 ret = acpi_evaluate_integer(adev->handle, "_ADR", NULL, &index);
      |                                                 ^~

Caused by commit

  e54369058f3d ("platform/chrome: cros_typec_switch: Add switch driver")

and commits

  34f375f0fdf6 ("platform/chrome: cros_typec_switch: Set EC retimer")
  bb53ad958012 ("platform/chrome: cros_typec_switch: Add event check")

interacting with commit

  b1d288d9c3c5 ("platform/chrome: cros_ec_proto: Rename cros_ec_command function")

from the chrome-platform tree.

I have used the usb tree from next-20220715 for today.

I will fix up the cros_ec_command() rename with a merge fix patch after
the apci usage problem is solved.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell