Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the asm-generic tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 22:36:03 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the asm-generic tree, today's linux-next build (arm64
defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/char/mem.c: In function 'page_is_allowed':
drivers/char/mem.c:66:16: error: implicit declaration of function 'devmem_is_allowed'; did you mean 'page_is_allowed'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
   66 |         return devmem_is_allowed(pfn);
      |                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                page_is_allowed
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  cdfde8f61a00 ("asm-generic: correct reference to GENERIC_LIB_DEVMEM_IS_ALLOWED")

arm64 does not have a separate declaration of devmem_is_allowed() and
was using the asm-generic one by accident ... some other architectures
may be in the same boat.

I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell