Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the arm64 tree with the arm64-fixes tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 09:45:12 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the arm64 tree got a conflict in:

  arch/arm64/kernel/head.S

between commit:

  f7b4c3b82e7d ("arm64: set UXN on swapper page tables")

from the arm64-fixes tree and commits:

  e42ade29e3bc ("arm64: head: split off idmap creation code")
  c3cee924bd85 ("arm64: head: cover entire kernel image in initial ID map")

from the arm64 tree.

I didn't know if the change from the former was still needed after the
changes in the latter, so I left it out for now.

I fixed it up (see above) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell