Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the hid tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 10:40:35 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the hid tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

drivers/hid/hid-nintendo.c:1514:29: error: redefinition of 'JC_RUMBLE_ZERO_AMP_PKT_CNT'
 1514 | static const unsigned short JC_RUMBLE_ZERO_AMP_PKT_CNT = 5;
      |                             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/hid/hid-nintendo.c:295:29: note: previous definition of 'JC_RUMBLE_ZERO_AMP_PKT_CNT' with type 'short unsigned int'
  295 | static const unsigned short JC_RUMBLE_ZERO_AMP_PKT_CNT = 5;
      |                             ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  669abca7b767 ("HID: nintendo: Fix unused-const-variable compiler warning")

interacting with commit

  92cdfba40155 ("HID: nintendo: fix unused const warning")

I have used the hid tree from next-20220722 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell