Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the block tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 14:09:10 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the block tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from include/linux/kernel.h:20,
                 from io_uring/notif.c:1:
io_uring/notif.c: In function 'io_alloc_notif':
io_uring/notif.c:52:23: error: implicit declaration of function 'io_alloc_req_refill'; did you mean 'io_rsrc_refs_refill'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
   52 |         if (unlikely(!io_alloc_req_refill(ctx)))
      |                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/compiler.h:78:45: note: in definition of macro 'unlikely'
   78 | # define unlikely(x)    __builtin_expect(!!(x), 0)
      |                                             ^
io_uring/notif.c:54:17: error: implicit declaration of function 'io_alloc_req'; did you mean 'xa_alloc_irq'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
   54 |         notif = io_alloc_req(ctx);
      |                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                 xa_alloc_irq
io_uring/notif.c:54:15: warning: assignment to 'struct io_kiocb *' from 'int' makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
   54 |         notif = io_alloc_req(ctx);
      |               ^

Caused by commit

  fbe6f6bc3210 ("io_uring/zc: notification completion optimisation")

I have used the block tree from next-20220726 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell