Subject: linux-next: Tree for Aug 5

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 16:49:32 +0100

Hi all,

Changes since 20220804:

The perf tree gained a conflict against Linus' tree which I fixed up.

The device-mapper tree gained a conflict against Linus' tree which I
fixed up.

Stephen should be back on Monday and normal service resumed.

Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 3623
 3914 files changed, 275727 insertions(+), 60195 deletions(-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have created today's linux-next tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
(patches at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/next/ ).  If you
are tracking the linux-next tree using git, you should not use "git pull"
to do so as that will try to merge the new linux-next release with the
old one.  You should use "git fetch" and checkout or reset to the new
master.

You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
file in the source.  There are also quilt-import.log and merge.log
files in the Next directory.  Between each merge, the tree was built
with an arm64 defconfig, an allmodconfig cross build for x86_64, a
multi_v7_defconfig for arm and a native build of tools/perf.

Below is a summary of the state of the merge.

I am currently merging 357 trees (counting Linus' and 98 trees of bug
fix patches pending for the current merge release).

Stats about the size of the tree over time can be seen at
http://neuling.org/linux-next-size.html .

Status of my local build tests will be at
http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/linux-next .  If maintainers want to give
advice about cross compilers/configs that work, we are always open to add
more builds.

Thanks to Randy Dunlap for doing many randconfig builds.  And to Paul
Gortmaker for triage and bug fixes.