Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the perf tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 08:34:52 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the perf tree, today's linux-next build (native perf)
failed like this:

In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:866,
                 from /home/sfr/next/next/tools/perf/util/branch.h:9,
                 from util/branch.c:2:
In function 'fprintf',
    inlined from 'branch_type_stat_display' at util/branch.c:152:4:
/usr/include/powerpc64le-linux-gnu/bits/stdio2.h:105:10: error: '%8s' directive argument is null [-Werror=format-overflow=]
  105 |   return __fprintf_chk (__stream, __USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL - 1, __fmt,
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  106 |                         __va_arg_pack ());
      |                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Presumably caused by commit

  9781e500dcb8 ("perf branch: Extend branch type classification")

"native" here is PowerPC64 LE.
$ gcc --version
gcc (Debian 11.2.0-10) 11.2.0

I have used the perf tree from next-20220830 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell