Subject: Re: [PATCH -next 1/2] x86: crypto: kmsan: revert !KMSAN dependencies

From: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 17:52:10 -0700

On Fri,  9 Sep 2022 11:58:10 +0200 Alexander Potapenko <[email-masked]> wrote:

> This patch reverts "crypto: Kconfig: fix up for "crypto: kmsan: disable
> accelerated configs under KMSAN" used by Stephen Rothwell to cleanly
> merge KMSAN patches into linux-next.
> 
> Because now arch-specific crypto configs reside in a separate Kconfig
> file, we can disable them all by adding a single !KMSAN before including
> that file (done in the following patch).
> 
> Among others, this patch reverts !KMSAN check for
> CONFIG_CRYPTO_AEGIS128_SIMD, which is ARM-only and is hence unnecessary,
> because KMSAN does not support ARM yet.

As I understand it, these patches are against linux-next and only
linux-next because they pertain to linux-next's resolution of conflicts
between the MM tree and the crypto tree?

I'm not sure how to handle that, even if anyone wants to.  How about
you send an update to
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/akpm/mm's mm-unstable
branch so the code which is there makes sense?  Then we'll ask Stephen
to redo the crypto tree resolution?