Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drivers-x86 tree with the pm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 14:20:17 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drivers-x86 tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/acpi/acpi_video.c

between commit:

  574160b8548d ("ACPI: video: Add Toshiba Satellite/Portege Z830 quirk")

from the pm tree and commit:

  c5b94f5b7819 ("ACPI: video: Change disable_backlight_sysfs_if quirks to acpi_backlight=native")

from the drivers-x86 tree.

I fixed it up (the latter change seems to incoporate the former) and
can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next
is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell