Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the kspp tree with the arm64-fixes tree

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 20:03:18 +0100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the kspp tree got a conflict in:

  include/asm-generic/vmlinux.lds.h

between commit:

  13b0566962914 ("vmlinux.lds.h: CFI: Reduce alignment of jump-table to function alignment")

from the arm64-fixes tree and commit:

  89245600941e4 ("cfi: Switch to -fsanitize=kcfi")

from the kspp tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc include/asm-generic/vmlinux.lds.h
index ae63dd8a3a2cf,7501edfce11ea..0000000000000
--- a/include/asm-generic/vmlinux.lds.h
+++ b/include/asm-generic/vmlinux.lds.h

[The block updated in Will's commit is just plain removed with no
equivalent in kspp]