Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the powerpc tree with the kbuild tree

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 12:02:48 +0100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the powerpc tree got conflicts in:

  arch/powerpc/Makefile
  arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile

between commits:

  4f62512adbe9a ("kbuild: use obj-y instead extra-y for objects placed at the head")
  0f17eda6118db ("kbuild: remove head-y syntax")

from the kbuild tree and commits:

  dfc3095cec27f ("powerpc: Remove CONFIG_FSL_BOOKE")
  688de017efaab ("powerpc: Change CONFIG_E500 to CONFIG_PPC_E500")
  3e7318584dfec ("powerpc: Remove CONFIG_PPC_FSL_BOOK3E")
  6556fd1a1e9fc ("powerpc: Cleanup idle for e500")

from the powerpc tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc arch/powerpc/Makefile
index 89c27827a11fb,19470d29de163..0000000000000
--- a/arch/powerpc/Makefile
+++ b/arch/powerpc/Makefile
diff --cc arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile
index ad3decb9f20ba,1f121c1888051..0000000000000
--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile
@@@ -118,12 -116,12 +116,12 @@@ obj-$(CONFIG_PPC_E500)		+= cpu_setup_e5
  obj-$(CONFIG_PPC_DOORBELL)	+= dbell.o
  obj-$(CONFIG_JUMP_LABEL)	+= jump_label.o
  
 -extra-$(CONFIG_PPC64)		:= head_64.o
 -extra-$(CONFIG_PPC_BOOK3S_32)	:= head_book3s_32.o
 -extra-$(CONFIG_40x)		:= head_40x.o
 -extra-$(CONFIG_44x)		:= head_44x.o
 -extra-$(CONFIG_PPC_85xx)	:= head_85xx.o
 -extra-$(CONFIG_PPC_8xx)		:= head_8xx.o
 +obj-$(CONFIG_PPC64)		+= head_64.o
 +obj-$(CONFIG_PPC_BOOK3S_32)	+= head_book3s_32.o
 +obj-$(CONFIG_40x)		+= head_40x.o
 +obj-$(CONFIG_44x)		+= head_44x.o
- obj-$(CONFIG_FSL_BOOKE)		+= head_fsl_booke.o
++obj-$(CONFIG_PPC_85xx)		+= head_85xx.o
 +obj-$(CONFIG_PPC_8xx)		+= head_8xx.o
  extra-y				+= vmlinux.lds
  
  obj-$(CONFIG_RELOCATABLE)	+= reloc_$(BITS).o