Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the rdma tree with the origin tree

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 13:40:05 +0100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the rdma tree got conflicts in:

  drivers/infiniband/hw/hns/hns_roce_hw_v2.c
  drivers/infiniband/hw/hns/hns_roce_main.c

between commit:

  45baad7dd98f4 ("RDMA/hns: Remove the num_qpc_timer variable")

from the origin tree and commits:

  29dc063596772 ("RDMA/hns: Remove redundant 'use_lowmem' argument from hns_roce_init_hem_table()")
  5436272c8cf4e ("RDMA/hns: Remove redundant 'num_mtt_segs' and 'max_extend_sg'")

from the rdma tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc drivers/infiniband/hw/hns/hns_roce_hw_v2.c
index c780646bd60ac,2d0192057d1af..0000000000000
--- a/drivers/infiniband/hw/hns/hns_roce_hw_v2.c
+++ b/drivers/infiniband/hw/hns/hns_roce_hw_v2.c
@@@ -2272,7 -2270,7 +2270,6 @@@ static int hns_roce_query_pf_caps(struc
  	caps->max_sq_inline	     = le16_to_cpu(resp_a->max_sq_inline);
  	caps->max_rq_sg		     = le16_to_cpu(resp_a->max_rq_sg);
  	caps->max_rq_sg = roundup_pow_of_two(caps->max_rq_sg);
- 	caps->max_extend_sg	     = le32_to_cpu(resp_a->max_extend_sg);
 -	caps->num_qpc_timer	     = le16_to_cpu(resp_a->num_qpc_timer);
  	caps->max_srq_sges	     = le16_to_cpu(resp_a->max_srq_sges);
  	caps->max_srq_sges = roundup_pow_of_two(caps->max_srq_sges);
  	caps->num_aeq_vectors	     = resp_a->num_aeq_vectors;
diff --cc drivers/infiniband/hw/hns/hns_roce_main.c
index 4ccb217b2841d,53c53c20360d1..0000000000000
--- a/drivers/infiniband/hw/hns/hns_roce_main.c
+++ b/drivers/infiniband/hw/hns/hns_roce_main.c
@@@ -725,10 -734,10 +734,10 @@@ static int hns_roce_init_hem(struct hns
  		ret = hns_roce_init_hem_table(hr_dev, &hr_dev->qpc_timer_table,
  					      HEM_TYPE_QPC_TIMER,
  					      hr_dev->caps.qpc_timer_entry_sz,
- 					      hr_dev->caps.qpc_timer_bt_num, 1);
 -					      hr_dev->caps.num_qpc_timer);
++					      hr_dev->caps.qpc_timer_bt_num);
  		if (ret) {
  			dev_err(dev,
- 				"Failed to init QPC timer memory, aborting.\n");
+ 				"failed to init QPC timer memory, aborting.\n");
  			goto err_unmap_ctx;
  		}
  	}