Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the ntfs3 tree with the vfs-idmapping tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 09:36:36 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the ntfs3 tree got a conflict in:

  fs/ntfs3/xattr.c

between commit:

  a26aa1238415 ("ntfs3: rework xattr handlers and switch to POSIX ACL VFS helpers")

from the vfs-idmapping tree and commit:

  d45da67caeda ("fs/ntfs3: Use strcmp to determine attribute type")

from the ntfs3 tree.

I fixed it up (I just used the former version) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell