Subject: Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commit in the xfs tree

From: Willy Tarreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2022 05:13:36 +0200

On Tue, Oct 04, 2022 at 08:01:26PM -0700, Darrick J. Wong wrote:
> I think Dave means something like this patch of mine:
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-xfs/166473478893.1083155.2555785331844801316.stgit@magnolia/T/#u
> 
> From:   "Darrick J. Wong" <[email-masked]>
> To:     [email-masked]
> Cc:     [email-masked]
> Date:   Sun, 02 Oct 2022 11:19:48 -0700
> Subject: [PATCH 3/4] xfs: set the buffer type after holding the AG[IF] across trans_roll
> 
> From: Darrick J. Wong <[email-masked]>
> 
> Currently, the only way to lock an allocation group is to hold the AGI
> and AGF buffers.  If repair needs to roll the transaction while
> repairing some AG metadata, it maintains that lock by holding the two
> buffers across the transaction roll and joins them afterwards.
> 
> However, repair is not the same as the other parts of XFS that employ
> this bhold/bjoin sequence, because it's possible that the AGI or AGF
> buffers are not actually dirty before the roll.  In this case, the
> buffer log item can detach from the buffer, which means that we have to
> re-set the buffer type in the bli after joining the buffer to the new
> transaction so that log recovery will know what to do if the fs fails.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Darrick J. Wong <[email-masked]>
> ---
> 
> Notice how after the Subject: there is a blank line (which terminates
> the headers) followed by a new From: line in the body?  And the
> name/email in that second From: line matches the SOB later on?

Or maybe we could have a new option to git-am to always use the first
SOB as the From when there's no other explicit From in the message, so
that we never care about the From used to send the e-mail ? That would
also implicitly perform a requirement that an SOB necessarily exists.

Willy