Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the mm-stable tree with the random tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 17:05:42 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the mm-stable tree got a conflict in:

  mm/migrate.c

between commit:

  82f33a32b4d2 ("treewide: use prandom_u32_max() when possible")

from the random tree and commit:

  6c542ab75714 ("mm/demotion: build demotion targets based on explicit memory tiers")

from the mm-stable tree.

I fixed it up (the call to get_random_int() was replaced by node_random()
by the latter commit) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now
fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts
should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is
submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with
the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell