Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the kbuild tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 09:17:22 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the kbuild tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

Exposed by commit

  61168a974a16 ("Makefile: add implicit enum-conversion check for compile build")

We don't add compiler flags that produce more warnings/errors without
first fixing the known problems.  This was the example of what would
happen that was cited in the commit message.

I have used the kbuild tree from next-20221012 for today.

Is this new stuff really destined for 6.1?

The actual error was caused by commits

  5fc11598166d ("drm/amd/display: expand dml structs")
  d478667253f9 ("drm/amd/display: use odm combine for YCbCr420 timing with h_active greater than 4096")

which entered Linus' tree during this merge window.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell