Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the rcu tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 10:26:36 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the rcu tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

ERROR: modpost: "srcu_check_nmi_safety" [arch/x86/kvm/kvm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "srcu_check_nmi_safety" [arch/x86/kvm/kvm-intel.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "srcu_check_nmi_safety" [arch/x86/kvm/kvm-amd.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "srcu_check_nmi_safety" [kernel/rcu/rcutorture.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "srcu_check_nmi_safety" [kernel/rcu/rcuscale.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "srcu_check_nmi_safety" [kernel/rcu/refscale.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "srcu_check_nmi_safety" [fs/dlm/dlm.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "srcu_check_nmi_safety" [drivers/pci/controller/vmd.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "srcu_check_nmi_safety" [drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "srcu_check_nmi_safety" [drivers/gpu/drm/drm.ko] undefined!
WARNING: modpost: suppressed 10 unresolved symbol warnings because there were too many)

Presumably caused by commit

  54a118fce487 ("srcu: Debug NMI safety even on archs that don't require it")

I have used the rcu tree from next-20221017 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell