Subject: Coverity: if_sdio_reset_card_worker(): Error handling issues

From: coverity-bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 08:29:19 -0800

Hello!

This is an experimental semi-automated report about issues detected by
Coverity from a scan of next-20221110 as part of the linux-next scan project:
https://scan.coverity.com/projects/linux-next-weekly-scan

You're getting this email because you were associated with the identified
lines of code (noted below) that were touched by commits:

  Fri Jun 10 14:57:47 2011 -0400
    9a821f5d0fc3 ("libertas: add sd8686 reset_card support")

Coverity reported the following:

*** CID 1527255:  Error handling issues  (CHECKED_RETURN)
drivers/net/wireless/marvell/libertas/if_sdio.c:1048 in if_sdio_reset_card_worker()
1042     	 * We run it in a workqueue totally independent from the if_sdio_card
1043     	 * instance for that reason.
1044     	 */
1045
1046     	pr_info("Resetting card...");
1047     	mmc_remove_host(reset_host);
vvv     CID 1527255:  Error handling issues  (CHECKED_RETURN)
vvv     Calling "mmc_add_host" without checking return value (as is done elsewhere 27 out of 32 times).
1048     	mmc_add_host(reset_host);
1049     }
1050     static DECLARE_WORK(card_reset_work, if_sdio_reset_card_worker);
1051
1052     static void if_sdio_reset_card(struct lbs_private *priv)
1053     {

If this is a false positive, please let us know so we can mark it as
such, or teach the Coverity rules to be smarter. If not, please make
sure fixes get into linux-next. :) For patches fixing this, please
include these lines (but double-check the "Fixes" first):

Reported-by: coverity-bot <[email-masked]>
Addresses-Coverity-ID: 1527255 ("Error handling issues")
Fixes: 9a821f5d0fc3 ("libertas: add sd8686 reset_card support")

Thanks for your attention!

-- 
Coverity-bot