Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the iommufd tree with the vfio-fixes tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 15:37:35 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the iommufd tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/vfio/vfio_main.c

between commit:

  7fdba0011157 ("vfio: Fix container device registration life cycle")

from the vfio-fixes tree and commit:

  55e16a188913 ("vfio: Move vfio_device driver open/close code to a function")

from the iommufd tree.

I fixed it up (I just used the latter version since it seems to
incorporate the former change) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell