Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the driver-core tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 15:12:35 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the driver-core tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/mfd/vexpress-sysreg.c:64:51: error: initializer element is not constant
   64 |                 .resources = (struct resource []) {
      |                                                   ^
drivers/mfd/vexpress-sysreg.c:64:51: note: (near initialization for 'vexpress_sysreg_cells[0]')
drivers/mfd/vexpress-sysreg.c:73:51: error: initializer element is not constant
   73 |                 .resources = (struct resource []) {
      |                                                   ^
drivers/mfd/vexpress-sysreg.c:73:51: note: (near initialization for 'vexpress_sysreg_cells[1]')
drivers/mfd/vexpress-sysreg.c:82:51: error: initializer element is not constant
   82 |                 .resources = (struct resource []) {
      |                                                   ^
drivers/mfd/vexpress-sysreg.c:82:51: note: (near initialization for 'vexpress_sysreg_cells[2]')
drivers/mfd/vexpress-sysreg.c:90:51: error: initializer element is not constant
   90 |                 .resources = (struct resource []) {
      |                                                   ^
drivers/mfd/vexpress-sysreg.c:90:51: note: (near initialization for 'vexpress_sysreg_cells[3]')

Caused (probably) by commit

  52c4d11f1dce ("resource: Convert DEFINE_RES_NAMED() to be compound literal")

I have used the driver-core tree from next-20221111 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell