Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the driver-core tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 13:36:00 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the driver-core tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

arch/powerpc/platforms/book3s/vas-api.c: In function 'vas_register_coproc_api':
arch/powerpc/platforms/book3s/vas-api.c:590:38: error: assignment to 'char * (*)(const struct device *, umode_t *)' {aka 'char * (*)(const struct device *, short unsigned int *)'} from incompatible pointer type 'char * (*)(struct device *, umode_t *)' {aka 'char * (*)(struct device *, short unsigned int *)'} [-Werror=incompatible-pointer-types]
  590 |         coproc_device.class->devnode = coproc_devnode;
      |                                      ^
drivers/misc/cxl/file.c: In function 'cxl_file_init':
drivers/misc/cxl/file.c:687:28: error: assignment to 'char * (*)(const struct device *, umode_t *)' {aka 'char * (*)(const struct device *, short unsigned int *)'} from incompatible pointer type 'char * (*)(struct device *, umode_t *)' {aka 'char * (*)(struct device *, short unsigned int *)'} [-Werror=incompatible-pointer-types]
  687 |         cxl_class->devnode = cxl_devnode;
      |                            ^

Caused by commit

  ff62b8e6588f ("driver core: make struct class.devnode() take a const *")

I have used the driver-core tree from next-20221125 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell