Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the random tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 14:36:22 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the random tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/char/hw_random/powernv-rng.c: In function 'powernv_rng_read':
drivers/char/hw_random/powernv-rng.c:26:17: error: implicit declaration of function 'pnv_get_random_long'; did you mean 'get_random_long'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
   26 |                 pnv_get_random_long(buf++);
      |                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                 get_random_long
net/ipv4/tcp_plb.c: In function 'tcp_plb_update_state_upon_rto':
net/ipv4/tcp_plb.c:100:18: error: implicit declaration of function 'prandom_u32_max'; did you mean 'prandom_u32_state'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  100 |         pause += prandom_u32_max(pause);
      |                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                  prandom_u32_state

The latter call has been added recently, but the former is presumably
caused by commit

  5d1056fb3dd8 ("random: do not include <asm/archrandom.h> from random.h")

I have used the random tree from next-20221208 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell