Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the random tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2022 12:53:59 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the random tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

arch/x86/mm/cpu_entry_area.c: In function 'init_cea_offsets':
arch/x86/mm/cpu_entry_area.c:39:23: error: implicit declaration of function 'prandom_u32_max'; did you mean 'prandom_u32_state'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
   39 |                 cea = prandom_u32_max(max_cea);
      |                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                       prandom_u32_state
net/ipv4/tcp_plb.c: In function 'tcp_plb_update_state_upon_rto':
net/ipv4/tcp_plb.c:100:18: error: implicit declaration of function 'prandom_u32_max'; did you mean 'prandom_u32_state'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  100 |         pause += prandom_u32_max(pause);
      |                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                  prandom_u32_state

Caused by commit

  1effd020f82d ("prandom: remove prandom_u32_max()")

interacting with some new usages.  Why not leave this removal until
just after -rc1 has been released?

I have reverted this commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell