Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the mm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 12:26:27 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the mm tree, today's linux-next build (sparc defconfig)
failed like this:

kernel/pid_namespace.c: In function 'create_pid_namespace':
kernel/pid_namespace.c:114:9: error: implicit declaration of function 'initialize_memfd_noexec_scope'; did you mean 'set_memfd_noexec_scope'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  114 |         initialize_memfd_noexec_scope(ns);
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |         set_memfd_noexec_scope
kernel/pid_namespace.c: In function 'pid_namespaces_init':
kernel/pid_namespace.c:462:9: error: implicit declaration of function 'register_pid_ns_sysctl_table_vm'; did you mean 'register_pid_ns_ctl_table_vm'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  462 |         register_pid_ns_sysctl_table_vm();
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |         register_pid_ns_ctl_table_vm

Caused by commit

  70ebb551866e ("mm/memfd: add MFD_NOEXEC_SEAL and MFD_EXEC")

I have reverted that commit (and the following 2) for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell