Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the scsi-mkp tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 13:24:15 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the scsi-mkp tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/scsi/cxlflash/superpipe.c: In function 'read_cap16':
drivers/scsi/cxlflash/superpipe.c:364:65: error: incompatible type for argument 8 of 'scsi_execute_cmd'
  364 |                                   CMD_BUFSIZE, to, CMD_RETRIES, exec_args);
      |                                                                 ^~~~~~~~~
      |                                                                 |
      |                                                                 struct scsi_exec_args
In file included from include/scsi/scsi_cmnd.h:12,
                 from drivers/scsi/cxlflash/superpipe.c:20:
include/scsi/scsi_device.h:471:51: note: expected 'const struct scsi_exec_args *' but argument is of type 'struct scsi_exec_args'
  471 |                      const struct scsi_exec_args *args);
      |                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~

Caused by commit

  606375f1a869 ("scsi: cxlflash: Convert to scsi_execute_cmd()")

I have used the scsi-mkp tree from next-20230113 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell