Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the arm-soc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 16:27:39 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the arm-soc tree, today's linux-next build (various)
failed like this:

arch/arm/mach-sa1100/h3600.c:125:3: error: ‘struct irda_platform_data’ has no member named ‘shutdown’
arch/arm/mach-sa1100/h3600.c:124:3: error: ‘struct irda_platform_data’ has no member named ‘startup’
arch/arm/mach-sa1100/h3600.c:123:3: error: ‘struct irda_platform_data’ has no member named ‘set_speed’
arch/arm/mach-sa1100/h3600.c:122:3: error: ‘struct irda_platform_data’ has no member named ‘set_power’
arch/arm/mach-sa1100/h3600.c:121:34: error: storage size of ‘h3600_irda_data’ isn’t known
arch/arm/mach-sa1100/h3600.c:121:15: error: variable ‘h3600_irda_data’ has initializer but incomplete type
arch/arm/mach-sa1100/collie.c:148:3: error: ‘struct irda_platform_data’ has no member named ‘set_power’
arch/arm/mach-sa1100/collie.c:147:3: error: ‘struct irda_platform_data’ has no member named ‘shutdown’
arch/arm/mach-sa1100/collie.c:146:3: error: ‘struct irda_platform_data’ has no member named ‘startup’
arch/arm/mach-sa1100/collie.c:145:34: error: storage size of ‘collie_ir_data’ isn’t known
arch/arm/mach-sa1100/collie.c:145:15: error: variable ‘collie_ir_data’ has initializer but incomplete type

Caused by commit

  56d3391e6c85 ("ARM: sa1100: remove irda references")

These came from the kernelci builds.

$ git grep -w irda_platform_data
arch/arm/mach-sa1100/assabet.c:static struct irda_platform_data assabet_irda_data = {
arch/arm/mach-sa1100/collie.c:static struct irda_platform_data collie_ir_data = {
arch/arm/mach-sa1100/generic.c:void sa11x0_register_irda(struct irda_platform_data *irda)
arch/arm/mach-sa1100/generic.h:struct irda_platform_data;
arch/arm/mach-sa1100/generic.h:void sa11x0_register_irda(struct irda_platform_data *irda);
arch/arm/mach-sa1100/h3600.c:static struct irda_platform_data h3600_irda_data = {

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell