Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the kvm tree with the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2023 11:32:31 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the kvm tree got a conflict in:

  arch/x86/kvm/reverse_cpuid.h

between commit:

  15fea09b029d ("x86/cpu, kvm: Add support for CPUID_80000021_EAX")

from the tip tree and commit:

  0fcf86f05af2 ("KVM: x86: Add a KVM-only leaf for CPUID_8000_0007_EDX")

from the kvm tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc arch/x86/kvm/reverse_cpuid.h
index 81f4e9ce0c77,4945456fd646..000000000000
--- a/arch/x86/kvm/reverse_cpuid.h
+++ b/arch/x86/kvm/reverse_cpuid.h
@@@ -68,7 -72,7 +72,8 @@@ static const struct cpuid_reg reverse_c
  	[CPUID_12_EAX]        = {0x00000012, 0, CPUID_EAX},
  	[CPUID_8000_001F_EAX] = {0x8000001f, 0, CPUID_EAX},
  	[CPUID_7_1_EDX]       = {         7, 1, CPUID_EDX},
 +	[CPUID_8000_0021_EAX] = {0x80000021, 0, CPUID_EAX},
+ 	[CPUID_8000_0007_EDX] = {0x80000007, 0, CPUID_EDX},
  };
  
  /*