Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the vfs-idmapping tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 10:26:59 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the vfs-idmapping tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/spufs/inode.c: In function 'spufs_setattr':
arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/spufs/inode.c:103:22: error: passing argument 1 of 'setattr_copy' from incompatible pointer type [-Werror=incompatible-pointer-types]
  103 |         setattr_copy(&idmap, inode, attr);
      |                      ^~~~~~
      |                      |
      |                      struct mnt_idmap **
In file included from arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/spufs/inode.c:12:
include/linux/fs.h:2941:19: note: expected 'struct mnt_idmap *' but argument is of type 'struct mnt_idmap **'
 2941 | void setattr_copy(struct mnt_idmap *, struct inode *inode,
      |                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  2e906ff8067f ("fs: port ->setattr() to pass mnt_idmap")

I have used the vfs-idmapping tree from next-20230118 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell