Subject: Re: Add kvm-x86 to linux-next

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 07:43:27 +1100

Hi Sean,

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 19:58:59 +0000 Sean Christopherson <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Can you please add
> 
>   https://github.com/kvm-x86/linux.git next
> 
> to the set of linux-next inputs?  Going forward, it'll be my semi-official tree
> for KVM x86 (Paolo and I are still working out exactly how best to juggle x86).

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.  As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window. 

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and 
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell 
[email-masked]