Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the gpio-brgl-fixes tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 07:56:00 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the gpio-brgl-fixes tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from include/linux/of_gpio.h:14,
                 from drivers/net/phy/mdio_bus.c:27:
include/linux/gpio/driver.h:782:68: error: parameter 4 ('lflags') has incomplete type
  782 |                                             enum gpio_lookup_flags lflags,
      |                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~
include/linux/gpio/driver.h:779:33: error: function declaration isn't a prototype [-Werror=strict-prototypes]
  779 | static inline struct gpio_desc *gpiochip_request_own_desc(struct gpio_chip *gc,
      |                                 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  de5f701724ac ("gpiolib: fix linker errors when GPIOLIB is disabled")

I have used the gpio-brgl-fixes tree from next-20210123 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell