Subject: linux-next: duplicate patches in the kvm-x86 tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 12:55:15 +1100

Hi all,

The following commits are also in other tree(s?) as different
commits (but the same patches):

  0b6639e8ed87 ("KVM: s390: Move hardware setup/unsetup to init/exit")
  0c2be59e0b53 ("KVM: x86: Use KBUILD_MODNAME to specify vendor module name")
  1334f214d19f ("KVM: s390: Unwind kvm_arch_init() piece-by-piece() if a step fails")
  145648f3d255 ("KVM: x86: Serialize vendor module initialization (hardware setup)")
  1b2d6f07a3bf ("KVM: Drop arch hardware (un)setup hooks")
  1f930fb59c72 ("KVM: x86: Do VMX/SVM support checks directly in vendor code")
  260a8c61527e ("KVM: x86: Do compatibility checks when onlining CPU")
  27c87909f037 ("KVM: arm64: Simplify the CPUHP logic")
  3f1e7970df4a ("KVM: VMX: Reset eVMCS controls in VP assist page during hardware disabling")
  474856bad921 ("KVM: PPC: Move processor compatibility check to module init")
  4e27b7e44713 ("KVM: VMX: Don't bother disabling eVMCS static key on module exit")
  546df64b3d07 ("KVM: Ensure CPU is stable during low level hardware enable/disable")
  6391320c531e ("KVM: VMX: Use current CPU's info to perform "disabled by BIOS?" checks")
  65d06a60543d ("KVM: Clean up error labels in kvm_init()")
  6705b876091e ("KVM: VMX: Shuffle support checks and hardware enabling code around")
  6c5d2dbcc71c ("KVM: Rename and move CPUHP_AP_KVM_STARTING to ONLINE section")
  6e9f5ebba4c4 ("KVM: arm64: Mark kvm_arm_init() and its unique descendants as __init")
  714d938385ce ("KVM: x86: Move guts of kvm_arch_init() to standalone helper")
  71875bd668c7 ("KVM: VMX: Move Hyper-V eVMCS initialization to helper")
  772bb3ffe6e0 ("KVM: Opt out of generic hardware enabling on s390 and PPC")
  784277da2097 ("KVM: Teardown VFIO ops earlier in kvm_exit()")
  79e49a0fa367 ("KVM: s390: Do s390 specific init without bouncing through kvm_init()")
  81566442e4bf ("KVM: Make hardware_enable_failed a local variable in the "enable all" path")
  8d040a03e829 ("KVM: x86: Move CPU compat checks hook to kvm_x86_ops (from kvm_x86_init_ops)")
  8e868404d176 ("KVM: MIPS: Hardcode callbacks to hardware virtualization extensions")
  9316983f4605 ("KVM: Drop kvm_count_lock and instead protect kvm_usage_count with kvm_lock")
  aa899f4725e8 ("KVM: Drop kvm_arch_{init,exit}() hooks")
  af5b59ac929b ("KVM: Remove on_each_cpu(hardware_disable_nolock) in kvm_exit()")
  b23df1859468 ("KVM: MIPS: Setup VZ emulation? directly from kvm_mips_init()")
  b38c794ec895 ("KVM: x86: Move hardware setup/unsetup to init/exit")
  b89f7faedfa3 ("KVM: x86: Unify pr_fmt to use module name for all KVM modules")
  ba3ad92110a6 ("KVM: s390: Mark __kvm_s390_init() and its descendants as __init")
  c017865c7cbc ("KVM: x86: Do CPU compatibility checks in x86 code")
  c2330114638a ("KVM: VMX: Do _all_ initialization before exposing /dev/kvm to userspace")
  c7e997d0e9f3 ("KVM: MIPS: Register die notifier prior to kvm_init()")
  c9d8dd2372a3 ("KVM: Register syscore (suspend/resume) ops early in kvm_init()")
  cc565465bb27 ("KVM: Drop kvm_arch_check_processor_compat() hook")
  d3174cf0ec90 ("KVM: arm64: Free hypervisor allocations if vector slot init fails")
  d4739c7e93de ("KVM: SVM: Check for SVM support in CPU compatibility checks")
  d64252c198aa ("KVM: Register /dev/kvm as the _very_ last thing during initialization")
  d80071eb35d8 ("KVM: x86: Do timer initialization after XCR0 configuration")
  da8de651943a ("KVM: Allocate cpus_hardware_enabled after arch hardware setup")
  da8efe2b928d ("KVM: Use a per-CPU variable to track which CPUs have enabled virtualization")
  dacd86171174 ("KVM: arm64: Do arm/arch initialization without bouncing through kvm_init()")
  de2646ea615e ("KVM: RISC-V: Do arch init directly in riscv_kvm_init()")
  dff01c0d47f9 ("KVM: Initialize IRQ FD after arch hardware setup")
  e3785ed68b99 ("KVM: arm64: Unregister perf callbacks if hypervisor finalization fails")
  e9c576b0f8bc ("KVM: Disable CPU hotplug during hardware enabling/disabling")
  ebb10d254041 ("KVM: VMX: Make VMCS configuration/capabilities structs read-only after init")
  ef307e18c456 ("KVM: RISC-V: Tag init functions and data with __init, __ro_after_init")

I guess someone has rebased one of the kvm trees and it had already been
merged into another (like the kvm or kvm-arm trees).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell