Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the thermal tree with the pm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 09:39:33 +1100

Hi all,

FIXME: Add owner of second tree to To:
       Add author(s)/SOB of conflicting commits.

Today's linux-next merge of the thermal tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/thermal/intel/intel_pch_thermal.c

between commit:

  fee19c692160 ("thermal: intel: intel_pch: Use generic trip points")

from the pm tree and commit:

  9e631aa90c97 ("thermal/drivers/intel: Use generic trip points for intel_pch")

from the thermal tree.

These commits are very similar, so I just used the former version (since
it was newer).

I fixed it up (see above) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell