Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the thermal tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 10:02:54 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the thermal tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

ERROR: modpost: "thermal_acpi_trip_crit" [drivers/thermal/intel/int340x_thermal/int340x_thermal_zone.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "thermal_acpi_trip_psv" [drivers/thermal/intel/int340x_thermal/int340x_thermal_zone.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "thermal_acpi_trip_act" [drivers/thermal/intel/int340x_thermal/int340x_thermal_zone.ko] undefined!
ERROR: modpost: "thermal_acpi_trip_gtsh" [drivers/thermal/intel/int340x_thermal/int340x_thermal_zone.ko] undefined!

Caused by commit

  0d568e144ead ("thermal/drivers/intel: Use generic trip points int340x")

and me choosing commit

  7a0e39748861 ("thermal: ACPI: Add ACPI trip point routines")

from the pm tree over commit

  4bb6439371e9 ("thermal/acpi: Add ACPI trip point routines")

from the thermal tree in the merge fix up.

I have just reverted commit 0d568e144ead for today until this can be
sorted out.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell