Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the net-next tree with the net tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 09:46:57 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the net-next tree got a conflict in:

  net/devlink/leftover.c (net/core/devlink.c in the net tree)

between commit:

  565b4824c39f ("devlink: change port event netdev notifier from per-net to global")

from the net tree and commits:

  f05bd8ebeb69 ("devlink: move code to a dedicated directory")
  687125b5799c ("devlink: split out core code")

from the net-next tree.

I fixed it up (I used the latter version of this file and applied the
following merge fix up) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now
fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts
should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is
submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with
the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 09:43:53 +1100
Subject: [PATCH] fxup for "devlink: split out core code"

interacting with "devlink: change port event netdev notifier from per-net to global"

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 net/devlink/core.c | 5 ++---
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/net/devlink/core.c b/net/devlink/core.c
index aeffd1b8206d..a4f47dafb864 100644
--- a/net/devlink/core.c
+++ b/net/devlink/core.c
@@ -205,7 +205,7 @@ struct devlink *devlink_alloc_ns(const struct devlink_ops *ops,
 		goto err_xa_alloc;
 
 	devlink->netdevice_nb.notifier_call = devlink_port_netdevice_event;
-	ret = register_netdevice_notifier_net(net, &devlink->netdevice_nb);
+	ret = register_netdevice_notifier(&devlink->netdevice_nb);
 	if (ret)
 		goto err_register_netdevice_notifier;
 
@@ -266,8 +266,7 @@ void devlink_free(struct devlink *devlink)
 	xa_destroy(&devlink->snapshot_ids);
 	xa_destroy(&devlink->ports);
 
-	WARN_ON_ONCE(unregister_netdevice_notifier_net(devlink_net(devlink),
-						       &devlink->netdevice_nb));
+	WARN_ON_ONCE(unregister_netdevice_notifier(&devlink->netdevice_nb));
 
 	xa_erase(&devlinks, devlink->index);
 
-- 
2.35.1

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell