Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the iio tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2023 14:38:21 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the iio tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

drivers/iio/proximity/sx_common.c: In function 'sx_common_get_raw_register_config':
drivers/iio/proximity/sx_common.c:438:55: error: implicit declaration of function 'acpi_device_hid'; did you mean 'dmi_device_id'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  438 |         snprintf(prop, ARRAY_SIZE(prop), "%s,reg_%s", acpi_device_hid(adev), reg_def->property);
      |                                                       ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                                                       dmi_device_id
drivers/iio/proximity/sx_common.c:438:44: error: format '%s' expects argument of type 'char *', but argument 4 has type 'int' [-Werror=format=]
  438 |         snprintf(prop, ARRAY_SIZE(prop), "%s,reg_%s", acpi_device_hid(adev), reg_def->property);
      |                                           ~^          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                                            |          |
      |                                            char *     int
      |                                           %d
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors

Caused by commit

  91af1d6c497b ("iio: proximity: sx_common: Add old register mapping")

I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell