Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drm tree with the drm-fixes tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 11:23:09 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drm tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm.c

between commits:

  877f26bf3ca6 ("drm/amd/display: disable S/G display on DCN 2.1.0")
  077e9659581a ("drm/amd/display: disable S/G display on DCN 3.1.2/3")
  7ece674cd946 ("Revert "drm/amd/display: disable S/G display on DCN 3.1.4"")
  9734a75cd99d ("Revert "drm/amd/display: disable S/G display on DCN 3.1.2/3"")
  1b7ac7989ad8 ("Revert "drm/amd/display: disable S/G display on DCN 2.1.0"")
  e7d636476ba7 ("Revert "drm/amd/display: disable S/G display on DCN 3.1.5"")

from the drm-fixes tree and commits:

  2404f9b0ea01 ("drm/amd/display: disable S/G display on DCN 2.1.0")
  f081cd4ca265 ("drm/amd/display: disable S/G display on DCN 3.1.2/3")
  69ed0c5d44d7 ("Revert "drm/amd/display: disable S/G display on DCN 3.1.4"")

from the drm tree.

Git's automatic merge ignored commit 1b7ac7989ad8, since on the HEAD
side it was cancelled out by commit 877f26bf3ca6.  So I have to manually
reapply commit 1b7ac7989ad8.

This is an issue with duplicate patches that you need to keep in mind.

I fixed it up (I used the former changes) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell