Subject: Re: nvme boot problems after merge of mm-stable tree into linux-next

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 17:20:40 +1100

Hi Guenter,

On Mon, 13 Feb 2023 20:01:33 -0800 Guenter Roeck <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Overall, that suggests that there may have been a change somewhere
> else in the kernel which is incompatible with a change in one of
> the mm branches. It is interesting that the problem in next-20230210
> was seen after the merge of mm-stable, and that it is now seen after
> the merge of mm-everything.

That could be because I moved some merge resolution fix patches from
the merge of mm-everything to the merge of mm-stable (they were all for
conflicts involving commits that are now in mm-stable).  So one of my
merge resolutions could be bad.  Or there could be some interaction of
something in mm-everything (that is not in mm-stable or
mm-nonmm-stable) that is interacting with some other change in the rest
of -next.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell