Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the sound tree with the arm-soc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 11:23:27 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the sound tree got conflicts in:

  sound/soc/cirrus/ep93xx-ac97.c
  sound/soc/pxa/e740_wm9705.c
  sound/soc/pxa/e750_wm9705.c
  sound/soc/pxa/e800_wm9712.c
  sound/soc/ti/davinci-vcif.c

between commits:

  2b45e1fa9398 ("ASoC: remove unused ep93xx files")
  efe81e9a9273 ("ASoC: remove unused davinci support")
  b401d1fd8053 ("ASoC: pxa: remove unused board support")

from the arm-soc tree and commits:

  f2211ac36ab0 ("ASoC: pxa: e740_wm9705: Drop empty platform remove function")
  4ed923e8076b ("ASoC: pxa: e750_wm9705: Drop empty platform remove function")
  394296eee2c2 ("ASoC: pxa: e800_wm9712: Drop empty platform remove function")
  0e478b88b257 ("ASoC: cirrus: use helper function")
  2abde57fb82b ("ASoC: ti: use helper function")

from the sound tree.

I fixed it up (I just removed the files) and can carry the fix as
necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any
non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer
when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell