Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the hwmon-staging tree with the i2c tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 09:07:24 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the hwmon-staging tree got a conflict in:

  MAINTAINERS

between commit:

  e8444bb9fd77 ("MAINTAINERS: Add HPE GXP I2C Support")

from the i2c tree and commit:

  d5f80ff774d1 ("MAINTAINERS: add gxp fan controller and documents")

from the hwmon-staging tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

diff --cc MAINTAINERS
index a58c22a7adc8,98e16168d6e9..000000000000
--- a/MAINTAINERS
+++ b/MAINTAINERS
@@@ -2232,15 -2280,16 +2232,18 @@@ ARM/HPE GXP ARCHITECTUR
  M:	Jean-Marie Verdun <[email-masked]>
  M:	Nick Hawkins <[email-masked]>
  S:	Maintained
+ F:	Documentation/hwmon/gxp-fan-ctrl.rst
  F:	Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/hpe,gxp.yaml
+ F:	Documentation/devicetree/bindings/hwmon/hpe,gxp-fan-ctrl.yaml
 +F:	Documentation/devicetree/bindings/i2c/hpe,gxp-i2c.yaml
  F:	Documentation/devicetree/bindings/spi/hpe,gxp-spifi.yaml
  F:	Documentation/devicetree/bindings/timer/hpe,gxp-timer.yaml
  F:	arch/arm/boot/dts/hpe-bmc*
  F:	arch/arm/boot/dts/hpe-gxp*
  F:	arch/arm/mach-hpe/
  F:	drivers/clocksource/timer-gxp.c
+ F:	drivers/hwmon/gxp-fan-ctrl.c
 +F:	drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-gxp.c
  F:	drivers/spi/spi-gxp.c
  F:	drivers/watchdog/gxp-wdt.c