Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the block tree with the cifs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 11:21:17 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the block tree got a conflict in:

  mm/filemap.c

between commit:

  03aaa67b45e7 ("splice: Add a func to do a splice from a buffered file without ITER_PIPE")

from the cifs tree and commit:

  a53cad008099 ("splice: Add a func to do a splice from a buffered file without ITER_PIPE")

from the block tree.

These are slightly different versions of the same patch :-( (with the same
author date).  the difference amounts to this in filemap_splice_read():

-			n = splice_folio_into_pipe(pipe, folio, *ppos, len);
+			n = min_t(loff_t, len, isize - *ppos);
+			n = splice_folio_into_pipe(pipe, folio, *ppos, n);

I fixed it up (I used the former version (that has the min_t check)) and
can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next
is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell