Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the block tree with the cifs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 11:33:33 +1100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the block tree got a conflict in:

  fs/cifs/file.c

between commit:

  8378eea2e41f ("cifs: Change the I/O paths to use an iterator rather than a page list")

from the cifs tree and commit:

  45b94876f54e ("iov_iter: Kill ITER_PIPE")

from the block tree.

I fixed it up (the former removed the function updated by the latter,
so I did that) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as
far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be
mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for
merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer
of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell