Subject: Re: linux-next: duplicate patch in the mm-nonmm-stable tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 10:45:29 +1100

Hi Andrew,

On Mon, 20 Feb 2023 15:12:11 -0800 Andrew Morton <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 09:08:27 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > The following commit is also in Linus Torvalds' tree as a different commit
> > (but the same patch):
> > 
> >   bf470202dd9f ("fs: gracefully handle ->get_block not mapping bh in __mpage_writepage")  
> 
> CommitDate: Thu Feb 2 22:50:07 2023 -0800
> 
> > This is commit
> > 
> >   7010839ccfd4 ("fs: gracefully handle ->get_block not mapping bh in __mpage_writepage")
> > 
> > in Linus' tree.  
> 
> CommitDate: Thu Jan 26 16:46:35 2023 +0100
> 
> 
> So I'm wondering why this came to light on Feb 20?

Sorry about that, but I wouldn't worry about it too much as it doesn't
seem to be causing a conflict.

The latter commit was in the ext3 tree before being merged by Linus and
I guess I missed it initially because sometimes the check for
duplicates in the mm tree produces a longish list when the mm tree is
updated during the day and the mm-hotfixes tree has already been merged
(and gets rebased as part of the mm tree rebase).

It would have been put in the list of things to ignore until it turned
up in Linus's tree today (which is an earlier and check and has a
separate ignore list).

I'll try to be more careful.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell