Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the mm-stable tree with the cifs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2023 17:50:21 +1100

Hi Steve,

On Mon, 20 Feb 2023 15:00:50 -0600 Steve French <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I don't think it was so much that they were added late (most were
> reviewed over multiple week period) - just moved trees to make it
> easier a week ago.  The changes David etc. have been making recently
> to the series seemed fairly small.

But they only turned up in linux-next over the weekend :-(  So we are
only now finding out how they conflict badly with code that has been
published in the mm tree for weeks.  So the combination has not been
tested at all.  So it is really not ready to go into Linus' tree, right?

I am still using the cifs tree from next-20230217 - head commit

  e18f461adf10 ("cifs: Fix uninitialized memory reads for oparms.mode")

because I don't know enough about the folio changes and the cifs
changes to merge them.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell