Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the block tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 10:33:24 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the block tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from arch/powerpc/include/asm/cmpxchg.h:6,
                 from arch/powerpc/include/asm/atomic.h:11,
                 from include/linux/atomic.h:7,
                 from include/crypto/hash.h:11,
                 from lib/iov_iter.c:2:
lib/iov_iter.c: In function 'copy_page_to_iter_atomic':
lib/iov_iter.c:546:22: error: implicit declaration of function 'iov_iter_is_pipe'; did you mean 'iov_iter_is_bvec'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  546 |         if (unlikely(iov_iter_is_pipe(i))) {
      |                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/compiler.h:78:45: note: in definition of macro 'unlikely'
   78 | # define unlikely(x)    __builtin_expect(!!(x), 0)
      |                                             ^
lib/iov_iter.c:547:26: error: implicit declaration of function 'copy_page_to_iter_pipe'; did you mean 'copy_page_to_iter'? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  547 |                 copied = copy_page_to_iter_pipe(page, offset, bytes, i);
      |                          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |                          copy_page_to_iter

Caused by commit

  a53f5dee3448 ("iov_iter: Kill ITER_PIPE")

interacting with commit

  c4cf24ce34b7 ("iov_iter: add copy_page_to_iter_atomic()")

from the mm tree.

I have reverted that mm tree commit (and the following two commits)
for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell