Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the iommufd tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 12:54:08 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the iommufd tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/iommu/iommufd/hw_pagetable.c: In function 'iommufd_hwpt_alloc':
drivers/iommu/iommufd/hw_pagetable.c:135:33: error: passing argument 1 of 'iommufd_get_ioas' from incompatible pointer type [-Werror=incompatible-pointer-types]
  135 |         ioas = iommufd_get_ioas(ucmd, cmd->pt_id);
      |                                 ^~~~
      |                                 |
      |                                 struct iommufd_ucmd *
In file included from drivers/iommu/iommufd/hw_pagetable.c:8:
drivers/iommu/iommufd/iommufd_private.h:216:73: note: expected 'struct iommufd_ctx *' but argument is of type 'struct iommufd_ucmd *'
  216 | static inline struct iommufd_ioas *iommufd_get_ioas(struct iommufd_ctx *ictx,
      |                                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~

Caused by commit

  a7358b11764e ("iommu/iommufd: Pass iommufd_ctx pointer in iommufd_get_ioas()")

interacting with commit

  8295188cc9e6 ("iommufd: Add IOMMU_HWPT_ALLOC")

it should have been fixed up in the merge commit

  085121c1d1bb ("Merge branch 'ko-iommufd/wip/for-nesting' into k.o-iommufd/for-next")

I have used the iommufd tree from next-20230329 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell