Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the crypto tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 10:48:21 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the crypto tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

In file included from <command-line>:
In function 'setup_crypt_desc',
    inlined from 'get_crypt_desc' at drivers/crypto/intel/ixp4xx/ixp4xx_crypto.c:285:3:
include/linux/compiler_types.h:397:45: error: call to '__compiletime_assert_1010' declared with attribute error: BUILD_BUG_ON failed: sizeof(struct crypt_ctl) != 64
  397 |         _compiletime_assert(condition, msg, __compiletime_assert_, __COUNTER__)
      |                                             ^
include/linux/compiler_types.h:378:25: note: in definition of macro '__compiletime_assert'
  378 |                         prefix ## suffix();                             \
      |                         ^~~~~~
include/linux/compiler_types.h:397:9: note: in expansion of macro '_compiletime_assert'
  397 |         _compiletime_assert(condition, msg, __compiletime_assert_, __COUNTER__)
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/build_bug.h:39:37: note: in expansion of macro 'compiletime_assert'
   39 | #define BUILD_BUG_ON_MSG(cond, msg) compiletime_assert(!(cond), msg)
      |                                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
include/linux/build_bug.h:50:9: note: in expansion of macro 'BUILD_BUG_ON_MSG'
   50 |         BUILD_BUG_ON_MSG(condition, "BUILD_BUG_ON failed: " #condition)
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drivers/crypto/intel/ixp4xx/ixp4xx_crypto.c:266:9: note: in expansion of macro 'BUILD_BUG_ON'
  266 |         BUILD_BUG_ON(sizeof(struct crypt_ctl) != 64);
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~

Caused by commit

  1bc7fdbf2677 ("crypto: ixp4xx - Move driver to drivers/crypto/intel/ixp4xx")

Presumably the addition of COMPILE_TEST was a bit optimistic. :-(

I have used the crypto tree from next-20230406 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell