Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the vfs tree with the ksmbd tree

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 13:38:20 +0100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the vfs tree got conflicts in:

  include/linux/namei.h
  fs/ksmbd/vfs.c

between commits:

  624d981552e10 ("ksmbd: fix racy issue from using ->d_parent and ->d_name")
  0242bdc54a512 ("fs: introduce lock_rename_child() helper")
  35175d058b140 ("ksmbd: remove internal.h include")

from the ksmbd tree and commits:

  9bc37e04823b5 ("fs: introduce lock_rename_child() helper")
  211db0ac9e3dc ("ksmbd: remove internal.h include")

from the vfs tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc fs/ksmbd/vfs.c
index 778c152708e43,cef07d7fb7dc4..0000000000000
--- a/fs/ksmbd/vfs.c
+++ b/fs/ksmbd/vfs.c
diff --cc include/linux/namei.h
index 1463cbda48886,5864e4d82e567..0000000000000
--- a/include/linux/namei.h
+++ b/include/linux/namei.h

[The ksmbd version was already in the tree with one extra commit on top
of the two that appear to have been cherry picked from the vfs tree.]