Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the origin tree

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2023 14:43:13 +0100

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in:

  tools/objtool/check.c

between commit:

  f372463124df5 ("btrfs: mark btrfs_assertfail() __noreturn")

from the origin tree and commits:

  071c44e427815 ("sched/idle: Mark arch_cpu_idle_dead() __noreturn")
  09c5ae30d0075 ("btrfs: Mark btrfs_assertfail() __noreturn")
  9ea7e6b62c2bd ("init: Mark [arch_call_]rest_init() __noreturn")

from the tip tree.

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating
with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

diff --cc tools/objtool/check.c
index 931cdb7dba190,5b600bbf2389b..0000000000000
--- a/tools/objtool/check.c
+++ b/tools/objtool/check.c