Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the block tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 10:50:06 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the block tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

In file included from include/linux/slab.h:15,
                 from drivers/md/raid1.c:26:
drivers/md/raid1.c: In function 'alloc_behind_master_bio':
include/linux/gfp.h:320:36: error: passing argument 1 of 'free_pages' makes integer from pointer without a cast [-Werror=int-conversion]
  320 | #define free_page(addr) free_pages((addr), 0)
      |                                    ^~~~~~
      |                                    |
      |                                    struct page *
drivers/md/raid1.c:1151:25: note: in expansion of macro 'free_page'
 1151 |                         free_page(page);
      |                         ^~~~~~~~~
include/linux/gfp.h:303:38: note: expected 'long unsigned int' but argument is of type 'struct page *'
  303 | extern void free_pages(unsigned long addr, unsigned int order);
      |                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~

Caused by commit

  6473bc325644 ("md: check for failure when adding pages in alloc_behind_master_bio")

I have used the block tree from next-20230531 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell